This beef broccoli stir-fry is so easy and delicious; it feels like you are having a Chinese takeaway without the calories.
You can adjust the recipe and add mushrooms, or substitute chicken instead of the beef. If you like your sauce thicker, you can add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
If you don't like your broccoli crisp, you can boil it for 5 minutes, before frying it with the onion.
- 300g round steak, cut into thin slices
- 250g broccoli
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh diced ginger
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasame oil
- 1/2 tablespoons seasame oil or vegetable oil for frying meat (if needed)
- 1 tablespoon seamame oil or vegetable oil for frying Broccoli and onion
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 cup of water
- Whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, water, seasame oil, sherry, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- Place the beef slices into a shallow bowl and pour the sauce over it, making sure to coat the meat. Place in the fridge and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (over night would be best)
- In a large pan or wok heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium - high heat. Stir in broccoli and onion and keep stirring , until broccoli and onion are almost tender (about 5-8 minutes) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in pan (if needed) and stir in beef and sauce mixture. Stir until meat is no longer pink (about 7 minutes) Add cooked vegetables into the pan and stir until heated.
- Serve over rice
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.7||19.5%|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.8g||3.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10.4%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mama's Coffee Break