I love baking this banana bread recipe with a twist when we ever have some ripe bananas. It is a perfect baking dish for a Saturday morning it fills the house with a delicious smell, Yum!
Do you have a favorite Saturday morning baking dish? What is it? I would love to know.
Banana Bread Recipe with a twist
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milk or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and add the chocolate chips last.
- Whisk the eggs, melted butter, milk and vanilla in a medium size bowl. Stir in the mashed bananas into the mixture.
- Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture, making sure it is well combined.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling before slicing.