This lemon chicken recipe is the best; it is really easy to make and the chicken is so moist it will fall off the bone. You only need a few ingredients to serve this fabulous satisfying meal. You can use either fresh or dried herbs in this recipe, I personally prefer fresh.
You can cook it in a slow cooker and then grill it for about 15 minutes to brown or cook it in the oven. However you decide to cook it, you won’t be disappointed.
I hope you enjoy this lemon chicken recipe.
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 lemon
- 2 springs of rosemary
- 2 springs of thyme
- 5 gloves of Garlic
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 190C or 375F.
- Place lemon on level surface and stab it several times with a knife or fork (to release juices while it is cooking,be carefully with your hand and fingers doing this)
- Remove any giblets from the cavity, if included in your chicken.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in the cavity
- Stuff the chicken with the rosemary, thyme, garlic and last the lemon.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the body of the chicken
- Place in oven
- Cook chicken for 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- When cooked, let chicken sit for 10 minutes before carving.