Cleaning your makeup brushes is an important part of your beauty routine. It’s one of those things you must do and if you are not doing it, you have to start!
Using the same makeup brushes daily and not cleaning them can clog up your pores, which can cause break outs. Your makeup will not be applied smoothly or properly with last week’s make up on them, and your make up brushes won’t last long either. Taking a few minutes cleaning them weekly, your face and brushes will thank you for it.
To clean your brushes you can use a small bit of baby shampoo, antibacterial soap or brush cleaner.
- Start with getting the tip of the brush wet with lukewarm water.
2. Put a small amount of baby shampoo in the palm of my hand and work the brush in a circular motion.
3.Then run the brush under lukewarm water, avoiding the part where the handle and brush meets, as the water can loosen the glue over time.
4. Continue steps 2-3 until the water runs clear.
5. Reshape your brushes if needed.
6. Dry your brushes on a clean cloth or paper towel, lay them down flat until fully dry.
7. Remember to clean your eye lash curlers too, by rubbing a small amount of baby shampoo on them and wiping clean with a wet cloth.
*Note* Drying your brushes will take a few hours, so wash them after you have used them in the morning.