Rice Krispie squares are a great recipe for the whole family. To mix the classic recipe up, add different toppings to the Rice Krispie squares like chocolate chips, M&M’s, and smarties.
Melted marshmallow and butter. Ready to be mixed.
Do you like the classic Rice Krispie squares? Or do you add toppings?
You can microwave the butter and marshmallows, using a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 60 seconds at a time and then stirring. Continue to cook and stir until the butter and marshmallows are smooth.
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g (about 40) regular marshmallows
- 180g rice krispies
- (Optional)Toppings - smarties, M&M's, chocolate chips
- In a large pot, melt the butter and marshmallows on a very very low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove the pot from the stove.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Using wax paper or a buttered spatula, press the mixture into an already buttered square baking dish.
- Add toppings (optional)
- Let the mixture cool. Cut into squares.