Have you ever experienced a funky/musty smell from your clothes after they have been washed or a smelly washing machine? No matter how many times you wash, you can’t seem to get rid of the smell?
Having a smelly washing machine is more common than you think. With only 2 simple ingredients, your washing machine can smell like new again. You don’t need to wait until your washing machine starts to smell before cleaning it. I use this method every 4 – 6 weeks to avoid smells.
Cup of white distilled vinegar
½ cup of soda crystals.
*Make sure your washing machine is empty before you start*
- Remove the detergent draw from your machine and clean it, removing any mold or residue. Make sure you let the drawer dry before putting it back in.
- With a damp cloth, carefully wipe around the rubber seals of your machine.
- In the detergent dispenser place a cup of white distilled vinegar.
- Add ½ cup of soda crystals into the drum of the machine.
- Run your washing machine on a 90 degree wash or cleaning cycle (if your machine has one)
- Once the cycle has finished, you will be left with a clean non smelly machine.